Central-Eastern European Locations
The organisational team for European Locations is working as part of the global NASA Space Apps Challenge and it is a collaboration among 11 cities in Europe: Skopje, Ohrid, Bitola, Tetovo, Pristina, Tirana, Belgrade, Zagreb, Ljubljana, Vienna and Koper. In addition Silicon Valley, USA and Chandigarh, India are sister locations to this network.
This collaboration is enabled and supported by the NewMan's Business Accelerator with HQs in San Francisco and Skopje, dedicated to connect talents, professionals, startups and investors from Europe and USA.
The International Space Apps Challenge is the world biggest mass collaboration focused on space exploration that takes place over 48-hours in more than 150 cities around the world. The event embraces collaborative problem solving with a goal of producing relevant open-source solutions to address global needs applicable to both life on Earth and life in space.
NASA is leading this global collaboration along with a number of government collaborators and local organising teams. This year the event will take place between 22 and 24 April 2016.
Our dream team in charge for the exploration and coordination of activities in the CEE space … and on the ground. Feel free to contact us for any comments or suggestions.
IRENA N. CHAUSHEVSKA M.A.
CEE Locations Chief Coordinator
URSKA STARC PECENY, PhD
CEE Community & Communication Coordinator
CEE Marketing & Branding Coordinator
Lead Coordinator: Urska Starc-Peceny
Co-coordinator: Gordana Klimovska
Rennweg 44, 1038 Vienna
All information on the local site.
The winners get the chance to experience free fall in a vertical wind tunnel at
and many more surprises.
Christian Bartosik and Melanie Bukovski
Anna Gawin – DaVinci Lab, Alexandra Mueller – IoT Austria, Daniel Lee – Austrian Space Forum, Laszlo Jakabffy – 4d-solutions, Olivia Haider – Austrian Space Forum, Peter Sauer – IoT Austria, Roland Peceny – ÖGPMR-Austrian Scientific Society for Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Ursula della Schiava – Winkler – Socialskills4you.
NASA Space Apps Junior Challenge Vienna
in cooperation with
- LEAD COORDINATOR: Dorijan Marsic (email@example.com)
- CO-COORDINATOR: Tjasa Vidic (firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com)
- CO-COORDINATOR: mag. Andrej Medved (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- ADMINISTRATOR: Maja Radisic (email@example.com)
In cooperation with:
- University of Primorska
- Dinit d.o.o.
- Elektro Primorska d.d.
- Automaticservis d.o.o.
- Red Bull Slovenia
- M-Aleja, zavod za izobraževanje in raziskovanje
- Osrednja knjižnica Srečka Vilharja Koper
- Komunala Koper
We are proud to announce that NASA’s International Space Apps Challenge is being organized for the first time in Romania, in Cluj-Napoca. The event is brought to you by Startup Transilvania Entrepreneurship and Innovation Center, supported by TechAcademy and SprintPoint Techcelerator and hosted by ClujHUB.
Maria Revnic (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Cristian Dascalu (email@example.com)
Olivia Frosin (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Tudor Pasc (email@example.com)
- Startup Transilvania Entrepreneurship and Innovation Center
- SprintPoint Techcelerator
- Romanian Space Agency (ROSA)
- Today Software Magazine
- Stiinta si Tehnica
- Cluj IT
- Romanian Association for Electronics and Software ARIES
This location is a Sister location to the CEE Network and we are part of the organization team.
- Irena Chaushevska M.A. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
EUROPEAN SPACE ACCELERATION PROGRAM
For up to three best CEE teams a participation in the European Space Acceleration Program will be granted. The program is developed by the NewMan’s Business Accelerator in cooperation with the NASA Space Apps Challenge team, the Ames Research Center of NASA, the Goldsmith Organization, international Space Funds and local sponsors.
- 3 months incubation period in Skopje, Macedonia, within the premises of the NewMan’s Business Accelerator, designed to validate the idea and start the prototype. This period might be shorter if the product is in more advanced stage.
- 6 months acceleration period in an European location or in California, USA, determined within the initial 3 months period on base of the specific product that the team is developing and the potential target markets, designed to produce the prototype and bring the product to the pre-commercialization stage.
Space4health – No brain no gain!
May 14, 2016Space4health is an innovative approach to simulate 1G environment in space by promoting sensorimotor functions. A very interested team is compounded by Uros Marusic, assistant professor and researcher...
Solar Jump Jet to explore Mars
May 13, 2016The team from the Skopje location at NewMan’s Accelerator has built a Solar Jump Jet, a jet pack which the astronaut can carry with himself on Mars and use its power in order to accomplish obstr...
Atmosfera – Real time help for people with special health conditions
May 12, 2016The team Amosfera from Tirana has built an application to offer real-time data to people with special health conditions, or just for general information by using data from OpenWeatherMap to show the w...